Sunday, March 17, 2013

March 10, 2011, Cancer Graduation Day

March 10, 2011, had the last radiation session for breast cancer.


Whew - made it through 3 surgeries and 18 rounds of radiation.



Harley rocked it all the way with me.


It has been two years since my "cancer birthday" - January 9, 2011.


Tomorrow, March 18, will have to have another biopsy.

Hmmm, am I concerned? Not sure. Why? My two fav doctors are disagreeing on the need for this biopsy.  The oncologist - says "yes" it has to be done to make sure there is nothing there. Surgeon says "no" - it is not a concern although outside the lumpectomy site - tissue was taken else where during the last surgery and this is just scar tissue.  Either way, will have the biopsy tomorrow and then will find out in four to five days the results. Guess it is better to be safe than sorry and also complicating this is the blood thinner I am on and the regime I go through to prepare for stuff like this. And that brings us to "how to prepare for a biopsy 101"

Harley is ready to roll,

As is Larcy (driver and nurse maid tomorrow),


Cupcakes,

Trash rag,

Kindle,

X rays.

Oh, yeah, you didn't see the peach pie.  And you know, I wondered why I put on weight 2 years ago. Couldn't be what I put into my mouth could it?  Won't be able to workout, box, or play tennis next week - hmmmm, guess I will have to watch what I eat.  Anyway, will be back with you soon and let you know how the journey goes tomorrow.  Enjoy your paddy day.


I had the best corned beef and hash yesterday which was yummy!  And got some of my Lost Chord pages worked on yesterday.  Loving this little book!


Hugs!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time went fast and I just know you are going to get thru this biopsy thing wonderfully. Got all my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed! Will be waiting to hear, but in the meantime, have a big honkin' piece of peach pie!

Love you girl. Rock on.....

~*~Patty S said...

Thinking of you dear one and sending all good wishes your way.

Praying for the very best outcome and sorry you have to go thru another biopsy!

Hope you do not feel guilty for taking a week off from your exercise regime ... you realize you exercise WAY more than most of us ... enjoy some treats and know I am thinking of you Missy!
oxo

Terri said...

Hello Marlynn, I am thinking about you today and wishing for the best possible outcome. So glad Larcy is there with you : )
(((Hugs of love))),
Terri

Jann said...

Thinking of you and sending prayers up for great results tomorrow--you are incredibly brave and I know you're going to be fine!

Marlynn said...

Thank you girlfriends for your thoughts and prayers. I appreciate it! Hugs to you all.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm having the WORST time trying to leave you comments. Your blog doesn't think I'm supposed to post, I guess, since I've been trying for over a week.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh good, it took this time!!

I've got nothing but positive thoughts for your biopsy today, and hope to hear good news soon.