Sunday, October 2, 2011

Some people go through life......


Some people go through life trying to find out
what the world holds for them -
only to find out too late
that it's what they bring to the world
that really counts.
Lucy Maud Montgomery

That was one of my "Today's Wylde Women's Wisdom" last week. Always provides a thought-provoking moment when they are received in the email and I did need "thought-provoking" working at work and working at fighting my cold. I can safely say that as of today, I am feeling a little better. I did absolutely nothing yesterday, kinda, but


I did make a crock-pot full of stew and a wonderful navy bean soup along with some cross-stitching and


catching up on the 1st Season of Haven! Yes, I was pampering my "sickly" (looking for some sympathy here peeps) along with some chores, like laundry, and, OK, having a great day. Don't you love these kind of unplanned days?


Now to some creations..... At my retreat last week, I mentioned that we created a Journal with Michelle along with a painting. The Journal started out with us painting gesso on all of the pages. While pages were drying, we did paint the drum sticks which you saw in the previous post. Michelle, in her marvelous, way guided us through the concepts which would take us from Brave to Bravo.....


We then began our adventures in visual composition, shapes, stencils (innies and outies, later dudes), water marks, and just down right fun! 9 Circles to this page along with committing to a background and working with those colors. Using stencils - in and out - and I can honestly say the painting and creating of backgrounds was a marvelous adventure:


The transfers

Even an old newspaper bit from, of all places, Mexico,


This was a fun page to create......  and the next post . . .  Composition......


oh my, there the little one goes walking on eggs! LOL

 

11 comments:

Dorthe said...

I love your sweet one on eggs- Marlynn- and I hope for you the cold will soon vanish- and you feel better- great with a cosy day, doing all,-and nothing :)
Hugs,Dorthe

Diane said...

Oh wow, I just got caught up on your blog--this must have been SO fun, and am loving what you've shown so far.
I hope your feel better soon, and you're right--better a cold than the flu. (which reminds me--I need to get a flu shot!)
I didn't watch the Dead Files--I'll set it up on my DVR. I'm so spoiled by the DVR--you can fast forward through all the commercials. Every once in a while I'll watch live TV and when the commercials come on, I automatically try to fast forward them--seriously!
How do you like Survivor so far? My favorite has to be Coach, but since they really haven't been focusing on anyone (except for the ones that get voted off) it's kind of hard to pick a favorite.

ALTERED ARTIFACTS said...

Oh if we could walk on eggs with such style everyday :))

Terri said...

Oh my it looks like you had quite the creative fun! Just look at your background! I love all the layers and circles. Your little one walking on eggshells is fABULOUS!

I hope you are feeling better today.
Your soups sounds delicious! (I have the same pot). I am glad you have been taking good care of yourself.
Hugs,
Terri

Janet Ghio said...

I want to know about that book up at the top of your post!!
Okay--poor, poor Marlynn--poor sick baby--hope you feel better soon!!
Oh-I see from Diane's post you are a Survivor fan (did we talk about this before?). Team Ozzie all the way!!

~*~Patty S said...

Love your lil egg walker...don't we all do that now and again!

A cold...hearing that from lots of people...take care missy!

Love your circle page...circles hold so much meaning don't they and yours are fab!

Did you see Kiwi Carole's bbb post about the 'peculiar children' book...
hope it's OK to include the link...you'll Love the videos:

http://kiwicarole.blogspot.com/2011/10/has-anyone-read-this-book.html

Happy October!
oxo

carole brungar said...

Hi Miss M, I've ordered the book, let me know when you've read it and if you liked it!

I love your work :)) Enjoy your 'do nothing at all' time x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wish you were feeling better. I feel for you. Although they aren't my colors, I like your tea pot and soup/stew pot, too. Of course, the art is going to be fun to see as it evolves. Can't wait to see where you are going with these pages. I REALLY like the little windup gal walking on eggs. TOo cute.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant work as always Marlynn, Love your journal art page its so different and definitely 'Bravo' Also love your little girl walking on eggs ... fab idea and great atc
Keep on getting better and yep keep on spoiling yourself a little too
hugs June x

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful pages and I sure hope you get to feeling better very soon!

Dianne said...

hope you're feeling better soon...and love the painting! beautiful work, as always...