Monday, October 10, 2011

We are Walking Hope


Yes, we are walking hope and there are many of us out there.


"Our stories arise from our
hearts and our souls.
In this sense,
telling our stories 
becomes a sacred
gesture,
opening a clear way to
that deep, ecstatic center
where we are most
uniquely ourselves,
individual and unique
yet joined together at the
heart."
Susan Wittig Albert


Not the post I was going to write but then, today, I discovered a small journal from last year and decided that I just needed to honor October 8, 2010, the day the doctor called to say I had breast cancer. That day will always be with me as will my "cancer birthday" - the day it was all taken out:  January 12, 2012. Another push to write this post was my email from Wylde Women's Wisdom - and yes, it was the quote above. I do listen to the universe when it sends me messages. LOL.....


Do you know that they are on the verge of developing a vaccine for breast cancer. Yes, a vaccination you can get to protect you against this disease. WoW -- within 5 years. Please, when asked, donate to breast cancer research. Just saying - there can be a world without this disease. WoooHooo. OK, the next post will be the post I meant to post today...... a little redundant but what the heck. A peek:



8 comments:

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Congratulations to you, on a healthy year from a terrible disease. Kathy

Korie B. said...

Love you...

Dorthe said...

Dear Marlynn, I love your peak-
and yes ,those are dayes to celebrate- the last one, very MUCH - I`m so happy for you, you can.
Hugs and love,Dorthe

Unknown said...

I just have to wonder what the staff at the doctor's office thinks when they see you documenting your visit with photos? Is this all done with your camera phone?
Just wondering...

Hard to believe that it's been a year! Time flies when you are having fun- or not! (in retrospect)

I am so glad you are a survivor. You are definitely my inspiration!

Your steampunk cutie is a keeper!

~*~Patty S said...

the universe has lots of great things to say and so do you missy!

great post and outlook!
oxo

Anonymous said...

Marlynn,
Thats great news !! The best and definitely a celebration time. thats fantastic about the breast cancer prevention and i sure will.
Love your beautiful work,
I have some christmas and other freebies just posted today. They are linked on todays blog. Please feel free to pop by and grab them and have a lovely day
hugs June x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Not sure how I missed this and your previous post, but having been gone for days, I've been playing catch-up. You are the best spokes person for breast cancer. You are fantastic. And YES, I give!

Terri said...

I am so delighted that you are where you are today! What a difference a year makes!
Beautiful WW sentiments!

Your sneak peek is fabulous. I look forward to seeing the entire piece: )
Hugs,
Terri