Saturday, October 22, 2011

Which Came First the.....


The Egg
or
The Egg Head

Good question?  I think that is an appropriate name for this work of art I created at Michelle Ward's workshop at Valley Ridge Art Studio. I have to admit that Michelle had to "push" me to get to this "bravo" moment. I would almost say she "shamed" me into this. The last day she wanted us to do a painting. I have never "really" done a painting. I decided I would work on journal pages. She asked again if I really didn't want to do a painting. I said "no" - just the journal pages. Well here is the product and I have to admit this was one of the most fulfilling art creations I have ever done.....


I just kept building on what I had done and putting together techniques I had learned and utilized over the first two days. This three day workshop was well worth the time and the cost. I can't believe how much I grew. And of course, I was in my special spiritual place - Valley Ridge and the Murphey's Farm house enjoying moments and times with my best buds - some of whom I had just met and others that I have come to know and love - Judy, Michelle, Michelle's Mom, Katherine....... Jean and Mike. This was a little more special this year since the year before I was living with the knowledge that I would be undergoing a needle biopsy when I returned home. None of them knew that. This was my return to Camelot "all better."


This creation came together without me over thinking it. It was like throw on the paint and roll with it! LOL


This art could also be titled, "the end of the world as we know it." This painting just has more hidden meanings than I know - it was created from the subconscious mind - had to be.... Love the little egghead nerd. He is a cutie.



The sentence says:


"The day was a busy one" - my response, No kidding, Sherlock!  Anyway, just wanted to share this with you. I've been busy once again with work, workouts, and tennis. I did make a huge slide to the dark side by deciding to abandon my BlackBerry and order a new iPhone 4s.  Don't have it yet, BUT, managed to create my own case using pieces of this painting. Julie Prichard led me to this site:  Case-Mate. I used the lower left hand part of the painting (from the top of post it is the second photo).  When it arrives I will show you, for those of you who friend me on FaceBook - there is a photo of it downloaded from Case-Mate.  Have a great day tomorrow and once again I make a promise that I won't be gone as long....... holy moly - cross my heart, really! Hugs


Really, really, and we can't forget what time of the year this is! Ahhhh, my October, I so love you.




12 comments:

Sherry said...

I am so happy that Michelle "shamed" you into doing this!! Marlynn this is fabulous...from the egghead guy (which I love) to the colours and the choice of words...fantastic. Last year you were waiting to have a needle biopsy, this year you were there healed and healthy and looking forward to each day as it comes...I think this piece was inside you just waiting to come out. Brava!!!

Terri said...

Hello Marlynn! What a fabulous painting! I am so glad Michelle encouraged you to do one! How fab is that! I have tried a few paintings, but would love to try more, and did get an inspiration just today. Hope I remember it when I get home!
Your pumpkins in the wagon are brilliant! Love them!
I am so glad that this year you are over and done with your challenge! Clear sailing from here on out girl!
Hugs of LOVE,
Terri
(grandchild has not arrived yet...waiting on pins and needles....mother to be having contractions...Yay!)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is painting at its finest. No fancy drawing or sketching, just fun all around. Love your little egghead. I suspect he came later than the egg.

WOW, I like that witch night light. Very colorful and so right for the season.

Anonymous said...

I want you wagon full of pumpkins.........that is just wonderful!

AND, your painting is great...you stepped out of your comfort zone and made a beautiful piece of art. That's what this art thing is all about.

Glad your year of physical challenges is over for you, too. Next year is going to be even better! We get to finally meet!

Warm hugs my friend
Jan

Diane said...

I agree with all--make painting a part of your creative life. Look at what you've done!! And the more you do it, the more you'll discover all around.

Okay--Ghost Adventures was downright creepy this week. I wasn't too crazy what they did at the Winchester house--but this was a good one. I don't think that I'd have the nerve to sleep in that house--did you hear or see anything weird when you were there??

Love your Halloween decor--I love Halloween!

Diane said...

P.S. Loving Coach this season!!

Dorthe said...

Marlynn dear,
you just go on painting from inside your soul-and wonders like this will happen.I think we all need encouragements to do something ,out of our normal,-now and then- and we will experience new things within us-we never knew were there.
I`m so happy for you, you could be there this year,-glad, knowing all you feared last year- have been dealed with- and are now gone.
Love to you-Dorthe

Vicki said...

Marlynn it is so nice to meet you. Congrats on being cancer free now. Love the painting that you did in Michelle's workshop. So glad you just let things flow. One of those no expectation pieces that turned out to be so special.

~*~Patty S said...

In
the
Zone
the very best kind of creativity
when we stop thinking and just play

you do it in other things now you can say it about painting too

Yah You LOVE what you created!
oxo
word verification: boote (sometimes that is what it takes LOL)

Things that make me happy said...

Wonderful painting, Marlynn! Glad to see you are celebrating October in style, once again.

Julie Prichard said...

Pushing is learning...and pushing yourself and feeling uncomfortable about making art will always make you feel better..don't ask me how..just keep pushing.

Welcome to the LIGHT. :)
xo

Marline said...

Hello Marlynn!
I was wondering if you have a source on clip art for the little egghead nerd boy. He would be wonderful for a spread I'm doing in a round robin journal.
Thanks!
Marline
marla412@att.net