Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Never fear shadows......


"Never fear shadows,
They simply mean
there's a light
shining near by"
 Anonymous


Got back from my annual spiritual journey to the Life O Riley Farm and


Valley Ridge Art Studio where I spent a wonderful three days in a workshop with Michelle Ward.


Needless to say, a great time was had by all!


This workshop, which I will be posting about over the next few days, was titled, "Raise the Bar."


"It's a small step from Brave to Bravo" -- Michelle Ward


More art work tomorrow. Flying back from Wisconsin I managed to catch what I call the "airplane" cold - big time. OK, I did get a flu shot the week before and I knew it wouldn't kick in for about two - three weeks, but as I got in my car today, whining to do no one but myself, I realized it is all in your perspective of life. A common cold/flu on one hand - no big deal.



So as I feed the cold (?) with chicken soup and my fav V8, I will be taking photos of the art work I created at this workshop - I was blown away, stretched, shamed into a painting, laughing out loud, playing my painted drum sticks to the music of "Little Drummer Boy" - yes we had a great time. Harley was also along for the ride in his pink bandanna!


Rock on you little honeysuckle peeps....... it is a glorious day seen through sneezing and coughing. xoxo

 

7 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Looks like a fun workshop! Glad to see Harley--haven't seen him in a while and I love your quote about shadows!

Terri said...

Oh I am so glad you had such a fabulous time! Welcome home!
I hope your cold is a quicky and gone soon. Maybe it will stay just long enough for you to get some rest.
The vignette you showed is tantalizing! When do we get to see the rest of it???? I can't wait to see what you did with Michelle!
Hugs to you dear girl,
Terri
I too love the shadows quote!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Where HAVE you been? Guess you have been arting at least. You are sorely missed. Harley and you both look good. And those are some cool drum sticks. Glad you had fun, but sorry you caught a cold. That is no fun at all.

Truth be told, I've never had a flu shot in my life. I know everyone tells me to get them, but I've never had the desire. Plus, I hate needles more than I have a fear of the flu.

Annette said...

Glad you made it home safe and mostly sound, Cuz!

Dorthe said...

Marlynn-
I thought about you the other day, and wondered what you was doing...now I know- you had fun, with all those wonderful ladyes.
So glad you had a great time , and hope your cold will soon be over.
Hugs.Dorthe

Anonymous said...

Hi Marlynn,
Looks like you had a wonderful time. Hope you soon feel better too.

pop by my Dezinaworld blog today if you get chance and grab the french freebies i have there.
I hope you have a lovely weekend
hugs June

Venus Blues Hideaway said...

What a great, fun site you have created. Love it. I am a mixed media artist living in Louisiana. IF you get a chance, pop by my site. Would love to have you . You can even become a follower--if you want to.

Your site is wonderful and fun.

Faye