Monday, September 12, 2011

Surprise, I'm back peeps.... for today anyway!


Hello, peeps, how are you doing? I've missed you and was still  involved with purging after my windows were put in. As I was cleaning, I ran across some cross stitching that was started but not completed. I found the wonderful sunflower purchased years ago and am planning on using it as part of the 6 x6 artist swap (mentioned in a previous post, I believe, LOL). I am thinking it will be the "cover" of the "book" I put together with all of the sunflowers created by incredible artists.


Found a  cross stitch pattern and materials in for a book mark I found in London in 2005.  Hmmm, 'tis now 2011, just completed. Yes, peeps, you can just call me "speedy" ---  Love the lavender!


Still working on my Women of Salem. Clipping images and playing with background papers.


And last but not least, my Alphabet ATCs, only a few letters left (and did you think I forgot?).


C = Cherish

D = Diva

E = Eye Candy

The eyes always have it, don't they......


In closing, I want to tell you that I started to post yesterday on the 10th Anniversary of 9-11 and had I been able to cut and paste my post from last year, I would have. But an anniversary like yesterday takes a lot out of all of us as we reflect on the last ten years since the events from that horrendous day. If you would like to revisit that post, here is the link:

http://honeysucklebreeze.blogspot.com/2010/09/september-11th-rewind.html

And in closing my peepers..... sleep tight tonight and may angels wrap their wings around you. Hugs!

8 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Don't you love it when you find things you started years ago and they turn out to be just exactly right for now? I love your witches of Salem cards!! and my favorite ATC is the one with Edgar Allen Poe on it.

Terri said...

Hello Speedy!
Isn't it amazing the things you find when you really clean? This happens to me too.
Your atcs are fabulous! I love each one. I know I say that all the time, but I mean it.
I was just thinking about you today, and dreaming of how much fun we are going to have at A&S! You....Me....Jan.....Holy moly, I hope we don't get into trouble!
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

absolutely ADORE all those atc's and your women of Salem. Your work is stunning and inspiring.
Hope you are well my friend i am trying to catch up on blogging at the moment
hugs June

Diane said...

This is the best part of cleaning--it's like you went out shopping--and this is why we Never throw anything out!
Love your witches!!
And am anxious for the shows to start up!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It was good to revisit last year's post. I am also delighted that your 6 X 6 pages now have the beginnings of a cover. Speed is not my thing either, so it's good you are going through your art and lost (but now found) goodies. Hope today is a less stressful day.

BTW, I love those witches.

Dorthe said...

Oh , I love your witches- and your ATC`s -the eyes- are stunning, dear.
Such fun to find old pieces ,almost forgotten- I wish you happy sewing-
Hugs,Dorthe

~*~Patty S said...

this post is brimming over with goodness and thoughtfulness

I have to say I zeroed right in on your Eye Candy card...that doll and Edgar too...fab combo indeed!

you know counted cross stitch and stained glass are a couple of things I never tried...yet at least ;)

hope you are cooled by the beating of angels wings every near you dear one!
oxo

Unknown said...

well written, well designed, inspiring, informative and entertaining. Keep it up.