Sunday, August 21, 2011

Meet the Covens


Not really all that happy with this fourth ATC card in the Women of Salem. But will keep it right now. Originally it was going to be called "behind closed doors" but I wasn't happy with that and kept adding stuff to the card then came up with the title, "meet the covens" - hmmmmm  I did write some more titles down so I can do a few more of these. Not done with it yet.


Well, to update you, I did get my "wood" floor in my office and spent all last week moving selected items back in. Still tossing at the office and at home.



This past week I learned that my condo neighbors had a scare with their pug who had to have surgery to remove a cancerous tumor.  Poor Divot was still spunky as I delivered a care bag to her which included a toy, "chef Michael" puppy moist foot, and some doggy ice cream, Frosty Paws.


I received an adorable thank you card featuring Divot herself. Had a left over Frosty Paws box and you know the "rest of the story" - LOL


Gathered papers together and stamped and "dressed them all up" for a special pup.


Made the little grocery store notebook and gave to Divot's Mom.


The inside pages were aimed at Divot's mother who is an assistant principal at an elementary school.



The ribbons on this little book was kept to a minimum.


Need to still get some things done. My new windows are going to be put in the condo on Friday. You all have an awesome week!

10 comments:

Sherry said...

I LOVE the Covens!!!! They look spooktacular in a very conservative way!!!

How thoughtful of you to take get well treats to Divot...and then to make the lovely book for Divot's mum...but then, that's just who you are!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So many things to discover in this post! First, I really enjoyed the Covens, with their practically Halloween-y goodness. Second, you were very kind to take a gift basket to Divot, then make the beautiful book out of the thank you card. That shows how thoughtful you are. Next, I enjoyed seeing your new office space. It is awesome. I can tell you purged and purged. I love the single flower on the end of the desk, too. It is SO you! And finally, I'm glad you don't have to shell out the cash for new windows, something I'm certainly considering.

Have an awesome week dear friend. I've had company, so it was good to catch up with you in one long wonderful post.

~*~Patty S said...

Hello
she's off again!

amazing where and when creativity strikes

your coven family is cool!
oxo
p.s. nice new office floors too

Janet Ghio said...

You look pretty official at that desk--who would ever guess you are making "meet the covens' and other assorted witchy things.

Diane said...

I'm very happy to meet the Covens--mostly because they're reminding me of the special time of year coming up---I love Halloween--it's the one good thing in late Fall. I just love the whole feeling of Fall and these witches are perfect.

And.....you are one great neighbor!!everyone needs a neighbor like you!

Dianne said...

your 'grocery books' are so adorable...and how professional you look in the new office space! can't believe Halloween will be here soon, but your coven atc is getting me in the mood! wonderful post!

Dorthe said...

Marlyn- the Coven family looks a bit un-cosy -and real Halloweenish-
and you dear looks so elegant in your new made office- sweet you are inside and out- such a dear gesture to your neighbor- love the book you did.
Hugs,Dorthe

Terri said...

Love the Covens! You are amazing!
What a sweetie you are to take a get well gift to Divot! And then made the book! I adore what you made too.
I am pleased to see you get to look at nice scenery at work through your large window! Looking good in your office!
I have been so busy! Little crafting, but I am itching to get back! So glad to see you are busy creating : )
Hugs,
Terri

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Please let us know that you are safe and secure after the earthquake yesterday. I really WORRY about you you.

~*~Patty S said...

Came by to give you a BIG hug and say
hoping all is well after our SURREAL adventure yesterday!
Scarey!!!
I am shaken but not stirred ... hoping you are the same sweet M :)
oxo