Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Petit Trianon in the Honeysuckles

Today I began work on a small altered book and am not sure how many pages it will have. This will be a gift for a dear friend who has enabled me a bunch.  Found an old cardboard book bought at a scrapbook convention two years ago.

Gathered up my supplies,


Cleaned my desk, got more java,  and started creating.


This one is not going as quick as I would like because I am "thinking" - big mistake, hmmmmm


I want to do a Marie themed book and the only thing right now that comes to mind is her gardens, so I am slowly starting with that as the theme.


Managed to get two pages done and I like them. One side is Marie,


Used a variety of already "have" stuff - nothing bought. Stone angels are always good in a garden, don't you think?


I've gotta use up the stash in order to get new stash.


Will we get to the "de jardin,"  who knows? I'm thinking this creation will have a mind of its own, LOL. Have a great evening whatever you are doing or whatever you are watching. My Saturday has been peaceful and calm and serene and I got to sleep late this morning. Had bacon and eggs for breakfast, yum yum. Keep on having fun my honeysuckle breeze peeps and I will think about the next two pages.

11 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh goodie. I get to see the beginning of a new AB before I leave. This is already a beauty. Marie is gorgeous and I love the garden statue. I just KNOW this is going to be my kind of artistic endeavor. Keep them coming, dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pages....and I agree about the stone angels. Love the heart and raffia, too!

Glad to see you making art, eating well, and being positive! You rock, girl!

Hugs
Jan

Julie Prichard said...

HA! Your Saturday was great until I convinced you to turn on Toddlers and Tiaras!

Diane said...

Ahhh--enchanting!!
P.S. Check out my latest post--poor Bob :(

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful album :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely, as always! Marie is tres chic, of course. I just shopped at a local thrift store yesterday, picking up a few new things for art projects. Hope to get started soon. Stalling too long ...

Terri said...

I love seeing you create! This is so fab, the theme and your two new pages are fab. I love each page.
I hope you are feeling good and having a good week. I am sorry I have been away a lot lately. Hopefully I will get back in the groove soon and see more of you!
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

I am here to stalk this blog from here on out after seeing those Amazing pages on Elizabeth's blog today.
I will be looking at those again and again for inspiration.
Nope,
I'm not kidding.
I sat and looked at those for like 20 minutes.

You won't be able to shake me now.

Barb said...

Just was visiting over at altered book lover and I saw what you made for her swap.... Just amazing work. loved every piece of rust and stitching and characters. You have a great blog, was nice stopping in.

~*~Patty S said...

Oh SO wonderful
already
Ms M
and I thought you and Marie had called it quits some time ago ;)
oxo

Pink Princess said...

BeaUTIFUL pages :) I love Marie Antoinette ♥