Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Little Altered Book - Redux

As a quick thank you to two guys who sent me two charming and moving gifts.....


A beautiful angel

and crystal

How cool and sweet is that? Well as a thank you, I wanted to make them special. Something from my heart and when I get into that mode - the pages start flowing.  I had some cardboard from a book that arrived yesterday. It was not necessarily easy to work with but I wanted to go for it.



I found an old calendar...


Tried twice to load the bobbin, (oh what a tangled mess we weave......)


OK helps to read directions,


and interspersed the calendar art work between the cardboard and sewed down the middle. Easy Peasy.



Painted the cardboard on the front


and created a cover


grabbed one of my rusty clips grown in my rust garden.


Started on the inside with some Alice clip art - this is stuff I had already cut out months ago,


And then was finally able to use my yellow grocery stamps that I believe Elizabeth sent to me. I have been hoarding them..... (and Elizabeth, I did get your rusty pages done and they will be in the mail on Tuesday....)


That will be it for tonight. I will show Elizabeth a sneak peak at her pages and bid you all a goodnight. . .


Hugs!

7 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Nice gifts and pages!!

Createology said...

Lots of great creative art here. Your book is wonderful. Happy creating...

Jan Hennings said...

Love your very creative and unique art! GorGeOus!

Diane said...

It's wonderful to see you getting into the creative flow again!
Ghost Adventures--last Friday--Witch House--we were just there 2 years ago--and the lady that he interviewed was the same lady that gave us the tour of the house--pretty neat! We didn't go to the restaurant (The Lyceum) I wish we would have known about it.
Also, at the time, they were in the process of putting together a Lizzie Borden museum in the town--I'm wondering if it was ever opened.

Annette said...

Your bobbin reminded me of my visit to OKC in 1973. I was at Grandma's house and Momo couldn't get her sewing machine to work, so Grandma volunteered me to fix it. The bobbin was not threaded correctly, and I was able to make it work, thereby cementing my ability as a fixer, in the true sense of following in Grandpa's footsteps.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

I love your book Marlynn...and the wonderful way you highlighted that face with the old rusty embellishment. Give Harley a big old kiss for me! ;)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Duane's gift to you was awesome. How sweet. I love it and I got a nice postcard, but no angel. Guess we all know what that makes me!!

And here you are teasing me with your sneak peek of my rusty pages.