Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Harley does a Rad


"Rad = A basic unit of an absorbed dose of radiation"

Yes, you guessed it. Harley demanded that I take him to the third radiation treatment so he could see where his mistress was disappearing every day at 8:45 am. And so he decided to take matters in his own hands and navigate the way to the Reston Hospital Center.  Down into the depths of the basement!


Checked himself in with the scanner - but guess what, he didn't have a bar code! OH no.


Sat down on the "bed" and decided to take a pass while covering his little boobies.


Just a close up and then we rescued him.


Later in the day after we went back to work we calmed him and took him to lunch at Vie de France and went shoe shopping and then back to work.  And that was our day and our week so far. No side effects yet. We saw trainer James three times this week: Monday/cardio; Tuesday/workout; and tonight/cardio.  Dinner is baking and getting ready for ---- DRumROll - SuRviVor with Boston Bob and Russell. Be still my heart!


However, I need to show you something creative before I sign off. Something that no one has seen on this blog and I will give you, my peeps, a peek.  It is my Lizzie Borden Brown Bag Book made after my visit to the Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast in Fall River, MA.  OMG - what a wonderful trip that was in October 2007.

Okie Dokie - will check in with you later, probably on Friday - taking that day off to have a long weekend with the President's Day holiday!  Hugs to all.....

8 comments:

Uniquely Ella said...

I pray that that 8:45 appt. you and Harley had will soon be over and that all will be well. It will!!! What a cute way to show us your RAD visit. I went to many with my dear dad. Thanks for stoping by my blog. and following me. Looking foward to getting to know you and your beautiful work.
xxx
Marlene

Terri said...

Hello Marlynn!
I am glad to see your treatments are going well and that you have a friend going with you ; )
Your Lizzy Borden book looks incredible! Are you having fun creating?
Hugs,
Terri

Janet Ghio said...

Oh I love it--a Lizzie Bordon book!! And Harley--what a hoot he is and you too of course!!

Jan Hennings said...

LOVE..love your brown bag book!

Anonymous said...

Marlynn, you are an inspiration. I am glad to hear the treatments are going well, too, and I am keeping you in my prayers. Meanwhile, you're doing all the right things to keep your spirit soaring ahead. Art and Harley, for starters.

Diane said...

Okay, Lizzie Borden--any place or art piece with that name has got to be fun!!
And I just finished watching Survivor--I loved it!! And I really like the new twist to the show with Redemption Island.
And let me just say one name--Phillip--you know the "former federal agent" I could not take him seriously with his fuschia underwear on--I just kept laughing--he seems just a bit off, and the game hasn't even started yet! (how about that tribal council--hilarious!)
P.S. I'm glad that your treatments are so far, so good.

Lovey said...

You are so brave...I love ya girlie girl.

Alex Mosleys said...

This was lovely thanks for sharing this