Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Little this and A Little that


Enjoyed the holiday on Monday and got more pages done in the little altered book.  The Xmas Cactus is blooming again - it is an old soul and just does its own thing! Yes, it is lunchtime today and just wanted to get this posted. I wrote the section about the book on Monday and it did get in the mail on Tuesday. I had my 8th radiation treatment today - WOW - 8 down and 10 to go. So far, so good, and NO, darnit, I am not glowing in the dark. My skin is looking good where it is being radiated. For 15 session they do the whole boobie and then the last 3 they target just the area where the tumor was.  I am using udder cream and am happy to report I have not grown any new ones - bras are giving me enough problems right now thank you very much.  Moooooooo (sorry, that just jumped out) Have been able to keep up my cardio/workout schedule with James - every day during the week. So, back to the little altered book:

I added a pewter tree to the cover of the book (found it hiding).




Worked on a school page - I decomposed a Tim Holtz paper - or is that decompressed - or deconstructed (like the Top Chefs do).... whatever, I did it.  Cut it up and put it back together! whoo who whatever.


I had received an old ad in a newspaper/magazine from a good friend, Terri, who "enables" me, yes she does, sends me good stuff off and on...... hmmm, I probably owe her a little book.... Added some clip art and hardware... The young steampunk boys used in this book are from Altered Artifacts - her downloadable clip art is GREAT! Check it out.


Especially this young man with his wings! The cat on a fence you might recognize as Martha Stewart a few Halloween's ago. And also, when in doubt, slap a flower down!


yes, one more boy from Altered Artifacts.  I would not necessarily suggest you work on cardboard like this. It was "sticky" from adhesive when I separated it from the paper and was almost impossible to have anything stick to it. I did at times have to sew images to it and then glue the clip art to the image that was sewn.


Hope you are enjoying hump day.  SURVIVOR night and are we ready - all in song, please - for "Secret Agent Man" secret agent man - like I am a secret agent man who worked for the government.  I think in my part of the woods here in Northern Virginia - we call them spooks, and this dude is a little spooky, boys and girls, yes sir ree, a whole bunch spooky.


4 comments:

Terri said...

I am delighted to hear how well you are holding up through your rad treatments. Yea for you!
Your book is totally over the top fabulous, really, for sure!
I love it all. And I love that ad about the stomach diseases, I knew you would like that one!
I am doing a little book myself today. They are fun to do.
Hugs,
Terri

Janet Ghio said...

Glad your radiation is going well! I love all your little boys!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Glad you are not growing an extra boob and the radiation is nearly half over.

What a lovely cactus. It really likes where it lives, doesn't it!

I have trouble with cardboard at times, too. I have trouble gluing anything at times, so I have decided sewing is the best way to go when adding anything. Now I sew most things, even when they would probably be better glued.

Lovey said...

Oh Marlynn...it's almost over...soon those yucky troubles will be all behind yah!