Friday, February 18, 2011

Little Books all in a Row


Many of you know my love affair with my little books, brown lunch bags, board books, chip board, and anything else I can get my hands on. I have been fascinated with Lizzie Borden for many years and a highlight of my life was staying at the Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast in 2007. The other day I showed you my little book centered around Lizzie Borden which I have never posted on this blog.


In Fall River, MA, a young woman is accused of killing her father and stepmother. She was a Sunday School teacher and considered well to do in those days. Her father was known to keep a tight fist on the family money and wanted to stay in town near his properties.


He had two daughters, Lizzie and Emma, from a former marriage. Mother died young and Father remarried. Emma resented Abby Borden. Abby is the only mother Lizzie relatively knew. As the years went by Lizzie traveled to Europe and eventually wanted to move to the "top of the hill" where those with money lived. Father refused.


Lizzie Borden took an ax


and gave her father 41 whacks.....


or so the little song goes.


Did Lizzie do it?

Were both sisters in on it? Or were both souls lost?  Lizzie Borden took an ax and gave her mother 40 whacks, when the job was neatly done, she gave her father 41.

7 comments:

Createology said...

Your little books are beautiful and how nice to see them out where you can enjoy them. Happy creating...

Terri said...

Oh just look at all your little books! What a fab collection. I made a little book for my husband for Valentine's.
As for Lizzy, well, who knows". I saw a documentary that made it seem like she did not. ???
I hope you are doing well and having a fabulous weekend.
Hugs,
Terri

Janet Ghio said...

I wish I could just sit down and look at all those wonderful books. Did you ever see the TV movie about Lizzie Bordon that starred Elizabeth Montgomery as Lizzie?

Diane said...

Oh, I would just love to look at these books!!
They never convicted her--right?
Do you think that she really did it? (you know like OJ?)
Did you see the made for TV movie with Elizabeth Montgomery playing her?--I loved that movie.

Jan Hennings said...

Lovin' all your albums and your Lizzie Borden album is so unique!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have NO idea where I have been other than attempting to heal myself, but I am here now, and I love what you have been doing with this book. I am always fascinated with anything you make because you seem to research it so completely.

Lovey said...

Oh wow these are awesome!