Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Past


One more Christmas come and gone. One more page done in the Art Journal. And Harley has his first bubble bath ever and is threatening to run away from home if he gets another one. In other words, just another normal day in my world.... the day after Christmas.....


First the creation. The page was prepared by the layering of papers.


An image selected, a tim holtz stamp, and a bit of corrugated board,


And we have our "Specialite"


In the meantime while she was drying it was decided that Harley needed a bubble bath to wash away dust from Paris, London, Estonia, Berlin, and many states.  He was not happy.


However, after it was all said and done, he was wrapped in a warm towel,


And set outside to dry.


Yes just another day in my world and tomorrow we will be headed into the office.  It has been a great time off.  I have a couple of items I am dropping in the mail.


This one will be sent to a special friend - however, that friend may have other thoughts when she sees him. It is just a little thank you. Wishing you all a pleasant week leading up to New Year's.  Not sure what I will be creating next weekend but am working with this fascinating naked bare book...... need to get some gesso on some of the pages.....


Behave peeps!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, box with a collage sheet from PW. It's gonna be good!

Looks like Harley survived the bath and I must say, he's pretty fluffy! And smells SO nice!

Your altered steampunk page is really great....I have a passion for old clocks, so this page speaks to me.

Your time away from working at the office was much needed, wasn't it? You'll be a ball of fire when you hit it! Oh, I hope you washed all that gesso off your hands first!

I'm checking into airplane reservations at the moment for A&S. Can it only be a few months away? Oh, I'm ready! Are you going to be making anything for 'trades'? I'm stumped as to what to do.

Happy week my friend.
Jan

Terri said...

Beautiful reindeer! Lucky you!
Your page is coming along beautifully. I love the layered background and what you have done.

Glad to hear the "ordeal" is over...Harley will be the much better for it : )

Ooooh, scary clown! Is that an ATC? Love the coloring!

No arting around for me today : (
but I think tomorrow I will.
Hugs,
Terri

Janet Ghio said...

Well, Harley does look quite handsome and clean. Love your new page.

Diane said...

You had the perfect Christmas vacation--I keep sneaking into my art room when I have time--I miss it!
Always love the layers of your pages...and Harley--good as new!!
P.S. How did you like Sophie winning?? I Didn't!! Actually, toward the end, Ozzy was winning me over :)