Sunday, March 27, 2011

Yes, boys and girls, Lizzie Borden Time

Once upon a time, Lizzie Borden:


Such a sweet young girl, who would have thought?


And later the children taunted her with the little ditty,


It started in the bedroom the uncle had slept in the night before,


And ax to the back of the head


What was a stepmother suppose to do?


Lizzie Borden took an ax,


Yes, slowly we are making our way through the paper bag sandwich bag little book spotlighting the Sunday School Teacher from Fall River, MA. So misunderstood, boys and girls. But remember this lesson, when the full moon wains ("super moon" a week ago),


Don't buy the ax just buy some tulips -- Flower Power, my hipsters, Flower Power!


Hugs my honeysuckle peeps - enjoy your Sunday!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi...very neat. I love the flowers on the mantle. Thank you for taking the time to come to my blog and let me know that I won Lovey's book! I am so excited! I sent you my address. Thank you again. I was reading about your last radiation and praising the Lord with you. He's magnificent! Hugs to you my friend.

theresa martin said...

Beautiful work and a very interesting subject. I can never make up my mind 100% about her innocence - but I find it hard to believe she could do two such brutal murders. Great photo of the super moon!!!

~*~Patty S said...

Muah ah ah haaaa!
Gorgeous tulips vignette...so lovely dear M!
oxo

Uniquely Ella said...

Love your blog and your beautiful work.
xxx
Marlene

Miss Kitty said...

Greetings dear Marlynn,

An interesting subject to portray but then there is that great poem.

Love your tulips.

Wishing you a wonderful start to the week,
Miss Kitty and Egmont

Terri said...

Oh wow! Your lizzy book is really amazing....a little creepy too....but still amazing!
Hugs,
Terri

Jan Hennings said...

Great work with Lizzy Borden...I like the red jewels and lettering..intriguing :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These pages are wonderful. I really liked the handwriting. It was super and made that page. Your tulips are superb. They make me wish spring was truly here in my part of the country. Seems we could get snow today.