Sunday, March 6, 2011

Happy Rainy Sunday in the Honeysuckles

Today we will do a little this and that. It was a very busy week last week and I have to tell you. I was so pleasantly surprised that Elizabeth at Altered Book Lover showed my "rust pages" on her blog. She got much better scans of my pages than I did and would like to recommend that you go and visit her to see them. I sincerely loved making these for her - and I think it showed, if I say so myself. Elizabeth, thank you for your wonderful comments, they made me blush! 


And now before we do a return visit to Lizzie Borden. . .  just an update. Harley and I have just three more radiation treatments to go through.


Wednesday is the last day. I was able to talk to the doctor on Thursday when they were measuring for the "focused" radiation treatments this coming week on why I haven't been tired - more so than I usually am - I told her I had been working out either cardio or weight lifting 5 days a week and trainer James and I had started this prior to the radiation.


Don't let the photo fool below fool you, Harley and I (and kissy face hippo) were doing cardio while he was putting someone else through training - he doesn't look this pleasant when I work out with him, wonder why? You can check him out here and if you are looking for a trainer in my area - go for it. He will work your butt off (has mine since 2001) - and I think that is suppose to be good..... hmmm


Anyway, she said studies have been conducted and the more you DO NOT limit your activity during radiation treatments and keep your exercise in the mix - the less tired you will be. Seems exercise encourages the good cells to get going and everything they come back quicker. My skin is also doing OK - I use Udder Cream - what's good for the udder is good for the udder..... no comment.


Remember Lizzie - the little brown paper bag book? Well she is back.


I really love the ArtChix transparencies and am so excited that many of my beloved images are now down loadable! Whoop whoop. 


The third page of the book shows the layout of the downstairs where her father was murdered. Many of us forget at times that there were TWO sisters that lived in the house, not just Lizzie and although Emma was off visiting friends and her uncle was out of the house (that would be her mother's brother) and Lizzie was outside, whose to say...... anyone could have gotten into the house. Brigitte the maid was outside also cleaning windows and the stepmother was already dead upstairs when her father came home not feeling well.


Some have surmised that maybe daddy was done in because there was something wrong behind closed doors. I don't necessarily believe that theory. Lizzie had daddy mostly wrapped around her little finger and from all accounts loved him very much. Not so much her stepmother. I believe I told you that daddy was planning on giving some money to step mom's family and Lizzie and Emma were not happy about this turn of events - it was also their mother's money and her brother- the uncle- was not happy either and just happened to be visiting and staying in the house at the time of the murder.


Emma and the Uncle got Lizzie the top attorney in the area to defend her against the charge of murder. Hmmm, were the sisters souls lost or souls misunderstood?


Enjoy your week and I will keep you posted on my progress this week. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for walking through this breast cancer venture with me. I can't believe it all started the end of September/first of October and here we are - 3 surgeries later, 15 radiation treatments, a diagnosis of Stage 1, low risk, and every one's prayers traveling with me since day 1!


From the bottom of my heart - thank you and hugs and xoxoxxos!

11 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

You look great with Harley on your shoulder==who would ever think you had that many treatments!! The Lizzie book is looking good!

Terri said...

Oh I can feel the lightness of your being! You look marvelous too! I am so thrilled that you only have 3 rads to go and that you have been doing well throughout. Wooohoooooooo!
Your rusty pages are beautiful art. I truly love them both! Perfect!
And your Lizzy book is frightfully good! I always wondered what happened too.
Have a fabulous week,
Terri

Annette said...

I love you, Cuz.

Lovey said...

Looking Good M!! Looking good!

Anonymous said...

Yipppeeeee for you.....I love your attitude and grace! And you look "maaav-a-lous" dahling!

Keep up the good work!

Lizzie's book is superb....love the touch of red!!!

Hugs
Jan

ALTERED ARTIFACTS said...

You are such an astonishing woman to be able to go though so much, look so great and still create such wonderful art!

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful stempunk pieces :) I'm happy to hear you're doing well and will soon be done with radiation!

Diane said...

Love that Lizzie! I'm so glad that you're living your life full-steam.

Julie Prichard said...

xoxoxoxoxoxo...
and your little dog too.

~*~Patty S said...

answered prayers
Hip Hip Hooray!
you sound and look marvelous AND you certainly know how to take a trip...what a trip this has all been for you!

Your pages for Elizabeth are amazing...can only imagine just how delightful in real life!

are you ready for more rain...of course you are!!! :)
oxo

Unknown said...

Marlynn, Fantastic stuff! All of it...I am so happy to know tomorrow is the last rad. Jim and I looked at the Altered Book blog, she has fantastic shots and descriptions of your work. You are a genius and a gem! Hugs to you...and Harley!