Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Sneak Peeks Revealed


A number of weeks ago I showed little tidbits of my exchange with the group I call my 6 x 6 group: Six artist creations in Six months by Six artists. This was the sixth and final creation for this swap and was for a wonderful soul, Gina Wise, who left our realm of existence last November. Gina's theme was "white on white" one of my favorites. I must make myself a book using this theme and have always always been so inspired by True Colors! My favorite artists are in that book. If you do not have a copy, RuN and buy one at a number of different places, especially on Amazon. It is worth hours of inspiration and then more.


White is always fascinating to me since you really don't think about how many colors "white" is....


I really loved creating these pages in Gina's memory


I was able to use images I have had for a number of years along with other embellishments sitting around,


This "door knocker" was bought when our local Recollections was going out of business. How many years has that been - still miss that store. The image is another one of my favorite's and I always end up printing her on canvas.

It gives her a longing and haunting look,


Just remember it is "hump" day and the weekend is not far away! Have a lovely evening!

10 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Beautiful pages! I like working with white on white also--it's true-there are so many shades of White!

Createology said...

Your pages are exquisite and I love all the variations of white you have featured. Looks like you are using "the good stuff". Happy Spring...

Debby said...

Beautiful, beautiful. I love white on white.
Hugs Debby

Terri said...

Oh such beautiful creations with such feeling to them! I love all of them, but the one with the nun is really something! White on white is a fab theme.
Hugs,
Terri

~*~Patty S said...

HOW did I miss these splendid pages for our Gina!

I know she is smiling down in approval!!!

They are so very lovely in every detail and you know I am especially drawn to the Sister page ;)

going back to admire them yet again...
oxo

~*~Patty S said...

me again
Love that you gave closeup views!!!
the words that reveal themselves are always an extra treat...aren't they

True Colors IS one of THE best books
oxo

Jackie said...

Marilyn,
Where did you find the image of the full dressed nun? I love it!reminds me of school years ago!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Marlynn,
Your art continues to inspire me! How lovely your 'white' series is. Yes, Gina would be smiling for sure.
LOVE the door knocker you used, too. A nice 3-D touch that invites you into the piece.
Just beautiful work. Be proud girl!

Hugs
Jan

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Holy cow, Marlynn,

I'm in love with these pages. You missed your calling. You should have picked white instead of sunflowers for your theme. These pages are simply stunning. I'm so impressed with the door knocker that provides that 3-D effect you are so famous for. I love it all. I think Gina would, too.

Dianne said...

marvelous white pages!