Friday, February 4, 2011

How does your Rust Garden Grow?

In the beginning there was rust,

and it was good,


as the winds blew and the rain and snow came and the ice formed on top of the rust,

the rust rusted more,

and then it was time to hoe and work the garden, bringing up the beautiful pieces that morphed in the rust and are are now set out to dry.

This Friday is a good one and I am ready for the weekend. Larcy and I were headed over to Queen's Ink in Maryland,

but with the weather outlook of a little ice and rain and sleet tomorrow, we are putting off the date with the Queen for now. Been working on the red binderie book and this mix is ready to begin to be served up -photo is a bit fuzzy but you get the idea,


These two pages are waiting for additional jewels and whatever!


and bought some beautiful new paper from 7 Gypsies!

OK, will wind this post down while Harley is deep in thought since I came home from work remembering a time a number of years ago,

when he was hangin' with the man, Little Stevie Van Zandt. (He begged me to show this photo which I found at work today. Harley works hard when he works.... However, he knows how to work a crowd!)

And now, speaking of work, I need to get off my duff, fix dinner, and begin to work on Elizabeth "rust" pages.

 Have a great evening and stay warm! And hugs to all and to all a great night.

10 comments:

Createology said...

Love your rust items. Looking forward to how you utilize them in your work. I found some fabulous rusty pieces but cannot remember where I put them so will have to wait to use them after they reappear. :o) So me! Happy February Hearts...

Janet Ghio said...

Well,
I would never have guessed that Harley had such important friends!! have fun playing with your rusted stuff this weekend!!

~*~Patty S said...

I am drooling over your rusty bits...lucky Elizabeth!
Harley hanging with Stevie Van Zandt is just too cool ;)
shame about the iffy weather...Queen's Ink is such a fun place
Happy Weekend to ya Missy!
oxo

Unknown said...

Had to look up who Little Stevie was...cool...when did Harley meet him? Very cool.
PS. buy the bracelet!

Dianne said...

Oh I love your "rust creation story!" great...can't wait to see the final art piece!

Terri said...

Oh all your rust items look fab! And all the pages you are working on look amazing as well. How much fun are you having??? Lucky you!
Can't wait to see how your crafted pages turn out.
Hugs,
Terri

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

All I can say Marlynn, is you lead the most interesting life. First you dig up a rust garden that rivals any rust lover's imagination, then you and Harley get to meet Stevie Van Zandt. Add to that some of your awesome art, and this makes for a better Sunday than any Super Bowl could bring.

Julie Prichard said...

HARLEY hangin' with Sil?? LOL!! I love it!!

Lovey said...

Wow...the rust looks great! You have been super busy over there! Keep up the great art! Big Hugs! Harley always looks so awesome BTW!

Unknown said...

Your rusty bits turned out great! And I recognize some of those steam punk girls (clip art).