Sunday, March 18, 2012

So you think this is boxing?


You know, the weekend starts out and you think you have all this time to play and create BUT other stuff pushes some of that to the back which is neither bad nor good. Just happens.  Oliver pup went home Saturday morning and I went to play tennis.  After tennis, you know, I got lazy and just hung around.

By today I needed to get some stuff done like run into the office for a few hours, grocery shop, and play with boxes.

You know this is boxing,

And this is boxing.

Michelle Ward is doing a workshop in Somerset, New Jersey, July 20, 2012, Debris Journal.  Now I have seen this journal and held it in my hands. It is magical. So rich with left over art, i.e. debris, and the corrugated cardboard rich in beauty! It has been featured here and there around Somerset Studios and I just love love love it to the point I want to make my own. I do have plans to go to a workshop with Michelle at Valley Ridge and the July 20 date is not available in my calendar. The Valley Ridge workshop is called "Synchronicity" and will, of course, be loads of fun and she will push me and my art.


As you can see I am working and playing with cardboard right now. Something I can do in the evenings and gives me fun in "ripping" boxes.


We will see what happens.


Also have to show you this beautiful cereal box. OH my, let your eyes wander ..... there are many art projects waiting to be created.


What is the line, "so much to do, so little time."


Well, as we know, spring has sprung all over the place. What an absolutely strange winter all of us have had. Take care this week. Mine will be busy but not so busy that I won't have time to stop by and say hi!


5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Marlynn,

I want to know what that stuff is before you showed the cardboard. It is fantastic. Some kind of packing, would be my guess.

I really want to see one of those debris journals. It sounds like my kind of project.

And I love how you led into your "boxing" post.

~*~Patty S said...

Playing with debris is a natural for so many of us hunters and gathers...isn't it ;)

Cardboard is such a fab ingredient...can't wait to see it with your Marlynn touches!

great mingle of boxing and boxing too Missy!
oxo
word verification: arytur ggive :)

Terri said...

Hello Marlynn,
I know what you mean about busy! Whew!
The cardboard looks intriguing (and pulling, ripping it apart must count as therapy!lol!), your description of Michelle's debris class really interests me too.
I have been dabbling in collage, just for fun, and really enjoying it.
Hugs,
Terri

Dianne said...

always fun to stop by and see what you're up to...wondering how much of a 'punch' you pack with those beautiful pink boxing gloves!? Happy Spring!

NJ said...

I enjoyed your post. I have been saving some cardboard boxes to use to send Pysanky eggs to people I've promised them to, so I won't be ripping them up just yet. I agree that there is a beauty in cardboard. It seems we waste so much of it!
Nancy