Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ramblings and Art and Soul

It has been a busy month since I last visited with you in February.  Thank you peeps for checking back and leaving comments. I was under some deadlines on several fronts. But that doesn't mean I haven't been having fun and creating some art which I plan to share with you.

It is amazing how quickly time passes. Last week I had a wonderful experience. I attended my very first Art and Soul Retreat in Virginia Beach, VA.  I signed up for two Lesley Riley workshops.

I also met up with some very good friends. We all talk about how we have our blog friends and believe me - it makes no difference if I have ever met laid eyes on some of them - we have already connected via our blogs and Facebook. We are "old" friends and it is so much fun to meet up with them face to face. At Art & Soul, Jan and Terri (sitting) showed up and we had marvelous fun between chatting, eating, classes, shopping, and creating together.


One class I took which I am raving about was Lesley Riley's TAP - Transfer Artist Paper - OMG is it wonderful. I printed images onto TAP prior to class and then we started transferring images. (Yes, Patty and Lovey, you two have told me all about this product and how great it is, not that I didn't trust you, I am just transfer-handicapped.) A shout out to Lesley - we knew you were sick one day but thought you had recovered. You covered it up, get well soon (nasty flu bug is still making the rounds).....


Yes, below is one of my favorite clip-art from ArtChix. My little Cute Hannah. I use her a lot. Here she is transferred onto an old French page..... such a cutie,


Yup, scary clipart (transferred onto muslin).... oh oh..... the clip art below the muslin is transferred into the "Lost Chord" book which I am still working on....



And a sneak peek at the next blog post on the second class I took with Lesley - kind of (remember she was sick) - stay tuned...



This page was begun in class and then created in my hotel room...... from the page - My 15 Favorite Words, (two young girls are PaperWhimsy clipart)


The view from my hotel room (posterized LOL),


For the time being, I will be here at home and not travelling until later on in the month. Oliver pup comes over next week for a few days. So what does all this mean? I have decided to do some fun stuff and tell you all about it.  Saturday a trip to the National Botanical Gardens with a friend. I will take my camera. In all the years I have lived here I have never been to the Gardens. Can you believe it? Well, I can't either.


And, I did ease up on my workout schedule so I have a little more time to myself. Interesting stuff churning and it is fun and exciting to go with the flow. My new word right now is "spontaneous" - and that is what it is. Still loving my iPhone and my pink boxing gloves.  Need to fix dinner and then will be back with you sooner than last month. I know you don't believe me and I will have to prove myself, and yada yada.  Hugs, peeps, hugs.



5 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Was wondering where you had been!! You've been having lots of fun it looks like!! Give Oliver a big pat from me and Sparky!!

Dorthe said...

Hi dear,
so great to see you again- and so much fun you have had- taking classes and meeting friends-I love your transferered pieces-
enjoy with Oliver- and enjoy the beautiful gardens.
HUGS,Dorthe

Diane said...

Oh wow--you've been busy--in a good way.
Art and Soul must have been wonderful!
Love those transfers--a great technique.

Terri said...

Hello Sweetie!
Spontaneous is a fabulous word! I love it!
We had so much fun at A&S! Being with you and Jan was the absolute best part!
I love the art you are working on. The transfer method looks amazing.
Hugs,
Terri

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have missed you SO MUCH. I don't do facebook, so any chance I have to connect with you is on your blog. I was delighted to read that you had spent a lovely weekend renewing friendships with Jan and Terri, as well as the art class.

Hugs go to YOU and Oliver (in advance) as well as Harley and the rat from Bleubeard and Wendy (and me too, of course).