Sunday, September 19, 2010

Is is "Creation" or "Havoc" in the breeze?


The Lipton Secrets....

Yes, here is another grocery box creation I've been working on all week long. That is -- sandwiched in between hitting tennis balls and workouts and my day job.

Yes, I played catch-up with my trainer who had previous week off and then made up all the sessions we missed this past week. My body was achy breaky - oh ouch, not another squat. . . no .no. . no. Yes 30 squats then 24 then 16 then 30 crunches, and on and on. Whadda ya mean hit the tennis ball harder? I'm hitting as hard as I can..... Yes I am whining!

Back to the Present. I am taking this little book with me on Friday to my Michelle Ward workshop (Parlor Tricks) at the Valley Ridge Art Studio in Muscoda, WI. This will be my third year at the workshops in Wisconsin and my second visit/stay with the Murphys at the Life O'Riley Farm.

This little book as I mentioned is a gift for the Murphy's and has in it photos I took of their place last year. As a little tidbit - that weekend I saw my first snow flakes at their farm on October 11, 2009. VERY short lived but beautiful.

In fact, I so loved my stay there that I rebooked the "Granary" for two nights (last year I spend three nights) and will drive back to Madison on Sunday evening instead of getting up at the crack of dawn (4am) to drive back to Madison on Monday morn. The drive is about an hour and a half.

Now, my dear peeps, the little Lipton Secret Book has an odd little theme flowing through it,


Mystery and suspense and a little magic.....

Well maybe she does and maybe she doesn't,

Oh my, oh my,

(the photo above was from a MikeWright card I received once upon a time and so loved her!)



If you can't read the word above - it is "crap" not "crop"......


I hope you have enjoyed just a few little snippets from the book. I had lotz of fun creating this and will, hopefully, show you a few more layouts tomorrow. Need to now get my supplies gathered for the workshop. Have a wonderful evening! Hug to you all..... and to all........ a good night.



(the cozy bedroom in the Granary!)


6 comments:

Lovey said...

Love it all! Hi M. we will no doubt have to get together before long! Big Hugs!

Terri said...

Oh lucky you! Michelle Ward again!!!
And your book is going to be a big hit! I just love it and would like to try something like it too.
Can't wait to see what you do at the workshop.
Safe trip sweetie,
Hugs,
Terri

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are SO lucky to live in an area where workshops are relatively close. Loved the photos of your trip down memory lane :>)

We want to see more of the book and the workshop too, please. Will Harley be going?

Love to Harley from Wendy, Bleubeard, and ME.

Diane said...

I know that you'll have a wonderful time--the place you're staying in looks like it came out of a movie--you lucky girl!
And I have to say it again--love your imagination (midnight mass--too much ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my "home office" last week! I can't tell you what a treat it was to hear from you; I'm up north and finally have a little time to relax with my favorite blogs. I totally love what you did with the Lipton box -- you are so clever, I have to admit I am envious of your creative mind, but also very inspired.

While I won't give up the writing, I so need to get back to my art this year, and I will be visiting more often for your mentorship! Thank you, thank you, my friend! Hope you have a wonderful time on your art retreat.

~*~Patty S said...

Your sense of humor is super as always! Love your packaging books, so special!

AND your workshop getaway sounds really special too!
You do get around dontcha! :)
Enjoy Enjoy your time away from crunches and squats heehee!
oxo