Wednesday, September 8, 2010

In the Breeze - The US Open

Ahhhh, what a trip last Thursday to my first Grand Slam..... the US Open, Flushing Meadows, NY,


Oh my. It was such fun and I am so happy I decided to go on the bus ride to NYC and into the the tunnels,

and over the bridges,


and among the crowds,


Arthur Ashe Stadium:

The players - # 5 Jelena Jankovic from Serbia:


Number 108 from the United States, the darling, James Blake;



And # 2 Roger Federer, the cutest butt around the courts,




Oh, yeah, back to tennis - the win:



nothing like it.


Wonderful day - long but you didn't feel it till the bus pulled in at midnight and you still had to drive home! Whoop Whoop - and yes, I needed the day off the next day just to recoup. LOL Roger plays again tonight! Oh my!


Here's to all them cute tennis male butts in the world! Now, now, my little peeps, I'm watching for the tennis - nothing else....Have a great evening!

3 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

LOL ... you naughty tennis nut you!

It must have been hot out there ... I mean the weather of course!

Fun tennis ladies creation teehee!
Happy Thursday ... aren't the cool breezes lovely
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh my GOSH! I have always wanted to go to Flushing Meadows and visit the site of the 1964 World's Fair. I love globes and this is one of the largest I have ever known about. You are SO lucky to live so close. I've read SO much about the fair, the site, and the globe, I feel like I've visited already. However, there is nothing like the real deal.

While in NY many years ago, I tried to find it and LaGuardia. After driving around with no map (and long before GPS) for longer than I cared to remember, I finally gave up. Thanks for the great memory.

As for tennis, I'd rather be watching the butts than the bouncing ball (grin).

Debby said...

What a fun time you must have had, good for you. Hope you have had a fabulous summer.
Hugs,
Debby