Wednesday, July 1, 2020

My Mornings in my Nest

I love my life in St. Louis and adore my backyard. Having NEVER owned a single dwelling home in my working life, I was surprised that I bought the small bungalow for retirement.


After living in apartments and condos, taking care of the "outside" was new. Yes, I have my yard mowed every two weeks - but I have a small battery operated lawn mower for the "off" week to use in the back yard.  My grass grows fast and KokoBean is small.


He can terrorize squirrels, bunnies, and birds. He storms out first thing in the morning to announce to all that his day has started and we are on our toes until it is time for him to have a nap. I have been able to get some creating in. 

I have now created another "small book" inspired by my Seth Apter class and am sending it off to an Instagram friend.  I called it "Secret" --



 Just a sample of the pages.  I'm trying to keep these posts short here in the beginning as I get use to playing with the Blog again. The days during the Pandemic has been like a sci-fi movie I have seen in the past - especially in the beginning when we panicked in our search for toilet paper, sanitizers, etc. I also did a class with Quinn McDonald entitled "DiaryMay2020" - all about keeping a diary during Covid 19 days. It really helped and I am still using the book I created to write my thoughts in - who knew - the need to reactivate this blog is a result of this class with Quinn.


One my recent posts in this diary:


"When the time is right and be the grace of God, 2020 will realign for the better good of all the Universe." We can hope! You all have a wonky doodle rest of the day - we have had rain on and off all day. I leave you with a look of my craft table.  ;  )


Hugs and puppy kisses, we will get through this!😘

1 comment:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Loved seeing your back yard, but even more I LOVED seeing your art you have created. Your recent pages are wonderful. I'm really enjoying seeing you post and can't wait to see what comes next. You and KokoBean will surely compliment each other, too. Again, it is SO great to see you posting again.