Sunday, February 8, 2009

Creative Sundays in Honeysuckle Breeze


This is interesting...... I started out today to "copy" projects seen in Where Women Create. The first item was a beautiful blue bowl with blue "tickets" circling it. Now, you could go to the artist's web site to see how it was done but I decided it would be more fun to blunder on.... blunder I did.

I grabbed a bowl from the kitchen, you know the one, that catches everything from Equal to pencils to note pads to whatever gets thrown in and chaos reigns! Well, I prepared it by washing it. Then took it upstairs into my lab - uh - "studio" and slathered Tacky Glue on the rim thinking that would hold the "tickets" I purchased awhile back with "hugs" stamped on them. I believe I picked these up in Rhode Island on the Lizzie Borden trip. At first I was not excited by the creation but decided to keep the bowl upstairs with me and it is growing on me. I am liking it better and better.





Next, off to copy the Jenny Doh Composition book. I love this book and tried to buy it on the Where Women Create web site but was too late. So why not make one for my own. Jenny is Editor in Chief of Publishing for Stampington & Company. I discovered Jenny when she was in charge of Stampers Sampler a number of years ago. Her career at Stampington has sky rocketed since that time. She is a very accomplished artist and when you see this creation, hopefully, you will realize why I was blown away. The absolute simplicity spoke to me. Could I copy it? Who knows, I have trouble with simplicity and I always have trouble "copying" other's art - seems like stealing. But.......... it is so beautiful

Here is my creation inspired by the "Crescendoh 1."

I copied several of her ideas such as the ribbon on the side, the paper strip at the bottom and the tag. Here is a closer look at the different components:

This is the first time I have used a frame like this with glass and image. Had this stuff here for ages. The paper below the tag I received in an ephemera package from Stampington. Love it, however old paper is a little difficult to work with since it is hard to glue down to a surface.



I love these keys from Stamper's Anonymous. It is yet another Tim Holtz line and I have used a number of them. If you remember I used one on Loren's Stage Door album. I found these at the scrapbook convention last June. The first page of this journal will feature Crescendoh 1 which will be known in my world as the one that got away!

Need to go play Wii tennis, than a bubble bath, then dinner. It is such a beautiful day here today. I have windows open upstairs and down. There is a puppy outside barking - might be my little Oliver. Yes, I got to see the babe today when I took his daddy some smoked salmon. His little bunny is still in one piece. I got it for him for Christmas. Yes, you will hear more from me this week!

No comments: