Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving 2012

 
Good Afternoon, Peeps, and a middle of the week post, do tell.  All Thanksgiving items have been put up awaiting Thanksgiving 2012. And with the cleaning and "filing" comes the satisfaction on one more Thanksgiving complete.


A number of years ago I went to a class sponsored at the now-extinct Recollections Store and created a Holiday Recipe Book.  Never in my wildest dreams did I realize how much use I would get out of this book. It too is in the "tradition" ranks.


 It has notes, photos, recipes, grocery lists, and movie tickets all tucked inside.



Recipes can be handwritten or cut from magazines and Sunday supplements. Anything goes and everything goes in my recipe books. Notes from the 2011 Thanksgiving have been placed inside including several notes on the size of the turkey and where to "slit" the bag the turkey cooks in - trust me only on top (which is logically and don't ask why I decided to slit on the side by the leg) and this lesson was learned by the juices leaking out into the shallow pan splashing to the bottom of the oven causing some good turkey smoke?! Got Aaron's butt out of bed. Would I do that? I'm taking the Fifth.


I love cookbooks and can't control myself when it comes to creating them. Right now I have three that I use:




I will once again slip into the night and get some more items separated for the Goodwill. Later, peeps,



PS, can we believe that tomorrow is December 1st?

9 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

I can't believe it is going to be December already! Yikes!! i was just looking at the photo of you in the cowgirl outfit--I think I had one that was very similar. Was your cowgirl hat red?

Lovey said...

Funny how time flies...Bring it on right? Love to you and Happy Belated Thanksgiving..can I say that? Smiles...

~*~Patty S said...

Your books are wonderful

SO glad you had another special Thanksgiving full of Love and fun!

I have no idea WHERE November has gone!!!
BIG Hugs to ya sweetie!
oxo

Anonymous said...

I know.....how can it be December already? WOW.

Love recipe books, too. I have WAY too many and find that I use some tried and true ones the most. Like the Better Homes & Garden one I got when we got married in 1970. The pages are awful. But the memories of the food sweet!
How nice that you got to share your holiday with your family. Such special moments and you captured them with such nice photos!
BURNING TURKEY? That would get anybody out of the sack!
Your house is so cute and warm and cozy. No wonder they came to see you!
Love ya,
Jan
xoxo

Julie Prichard said...

Fantastic idea...cookbook..meh..Holiday cookbook takes the running around out of the most joyous (read: stressful) time. You are so smart!

Dorthe said...

Dear Marlynn, your books are wonderful, and so useful also-
And no dear, I can`t believe it is december first today...also can`t believe I`m on a ship tomorrow , where there after a 7 hours sailing --are going to be a christmas show for the week-end, in another part of Denmark!!!
Hugs,Dorthe

Terri said...

I know, December!!!
Your recipe books are fab, and I can see they hold many memories too. I would love to make one of these, they look such fun.
Hugs,
Terri

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Here it is Dec. 2 and I am just now visiting. These are some pretty special cookbooks. The one from the heart sounds very altered! I have tons of cookbooks, but never use any. Maybe that's why people either love or hate my food!

Anonymous said...

You are reading my mind. I went through my old recipe book -- bulging with scraps and scribbled recipes -- and was thinking I need to make an altered book cookbook out of them! Thanks for the gentle nudge, and I am always inspired by your work!