Sunday, November 13, 2011

Send in the Clowns, Please


Today, yes, we did need to send in the clowns .... Been working all day on the craft room. Still throwing out trash, made a trip to the Goodwill, and more stuff placed in the "donate" piles. I feel good as I yawn.

I have had this wonderful box for a long time.....



Decided it would work in the laundry area - you can see it since the sliding door is waiting for my brother to show up for Thanksgiving. He will need to either help me get it back in the "ruts"and "grooves" or it will be tossed. Couldn't do it myself. It is a heavy piece of wood.....


So with this being opened, it forced me to clean the area and lots went to the Goodwill - clean clothes in a laundry basket - a second basket -- not the one you see with clean towels......


The bathroom looked like hoarders heaven - Larcy and Pup Oliver stopped by - we decided it was a hoarders haven since you were not using the room for its original purpose. . . yup, couldn't raise that lid with all the junk on it.


Larcy:  Where did the stuff come from?  Me:  Remember last Thanksgiving with my surgeries and how we threw all the stuff into the closet without any sorting? Larcy:  yes. Me:  In order to begin organizing I had to drag all those "bags" out of the closet and put them somewhere and the bed was not available!


Bed looks much much better now.... yes, it does, I just don't wanna get up and go take a photo of it! I am lounging remember! LOL. Have a great evening! I am having salmon and steamed veggies for dinner. Getting ready to work on the cross stitch again. Just remember as we begin our new week,


Keep on smiling!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Your collages always inspire me, with clowns or without! Fish and veggies is one of my favorite dishes. I will avoid the hoarder topic, although I must say, your place does not look bad. You have way more than 3" to walk!

Terri said...

Marlynn, you are making real progress! That bathroom looks amazing now, well done! We must thank our guests who motivate us to do such tasks...Lol!
Love your clowns and your last pic is wonderful too.
Enjoy your rest and have a great week.
Hugs,
Terri

Dorthe said...

Oh my Marlynn,
you really worked...your bathroom looks fantastic, and thinking of all those piles away from your bed- you must have been tired, and just ready for yummy food-and relaxing evening.
Hugs,Dorthe
Oh love your clowns :)

Sugar Lump Studios said...

I love your collages Marlynn and your house is looking spiffy! Isn't it amazing how quickly stuff can accumulate.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've had a few of those projects where something was SO heavy I couldn't lift, move, or manipulate it. Sadly, like you, I have to wait for a man to show up to help.

I do love the clowns, and that crayola box is a genuine treasure to behold!

You looked like you had your work cut out for you, but I would LOVE to see the progress you made.

~*~Patty S said...

You sound like you are having a good time clearing out...must be nice to enjoy the results of your ongoing hard work!

Thanksgiving is right around the corner...hard to believe!

Love your Keep Smiling trading stamp collage...really precious!

I am so far behind in everything and haven't completely returned from our getaway...and so it goes
oxo

Anonymous said...

Busy busy busy Marlynn, loving your work so much lately and those clowns are so cheerful and fab
hugs June x

Lovey said...

Marlynn...you are too funny. Glad that you are making such great progress. Your collages are always awesome as are you!