Sunday, March 20, 2011

Shopping and Crafting WooHoo


What more could you ask for on a lovely Saturday noon time then shopping, lunch and coming home creating two more Marie pages for my little gift book? Larcy and I headed out to a "Spring 2011 Boutique Show" by ChicksPicks by Hillary. Trust me - you will enjoy visiting their web site.


And anyone local interested in the next show it will be April 14-16, focusing on "Royal Wedding, Tea, Easter and Mom's Day Gifts." You can receive an invitation by adding your name to their list on the web site or email Hillary@chickspicksbyhillary.com. I'm telling  you, it is not like any other "boutique show" you will ever see.


Oh, did I tell you we ran into Kate and William? I will show you more photos throughout the week.  Needless to say, yes, I spent some dollars but oh what fun we had.


Got home and finished up two more pages in the Marie book I am giving away as a gift. Yes, I am almost done and today have set out paper for last two inside pages and have an idea of what the cover and back will look like.  If you remember, we have called this book, The Petit Trianon, and if you click on the name you will see the original post on the cardboard book. On the left hand side of the pages I am using images of Marie:


A few feathers and antique button goes a long way, huh?


On the right side, I am trying to utilize images of stone angels in gardens.


The three transparencies on the right are from the Angela Cartwright collection over at The Shoppe at Somerset.

And the two pages laid out together....


So a little collage of pages to close out the post. I have to figure out dinner. I have left over pork roast, mushrooms, onions, but not mushroom soup but I do have Lipton Recipe Secrets Savory Herb with Garlic Recipe soup and dip mix and Hmmmmm, the new Food Channel magazine. oh my..... it will be easier to create the next two pages, LOL.



Hugs to all and here's hoping your week goes well!

11 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Pretty Marie pages!! Look forward to more pics of you and the future king and his bride!

Terri said...

Hello dear Marlynn!
I see you are up to your usual amazing creating...your pages are totally fabulous! I am so glad that you are feeling so well and doing so many fun things. The show sounds wonderful.
I hope this next week is really good for you.
Hugs,
Terri

Dorthe said...

Dear Marlynn,
So much you did, and so many wonderfull things,-- your book pages are gorgeus- and I love the things in your first photo :)
I wish you all the best for this week-too.
Hugs,Dorthe

Jan Hennings said...

You should consider going to the wedding as the Mother of the Bride..you look like a natural with Kate and William :)
Your Marie pages are all just gorgeous!!

Diane said...

Marlynn these are just stunning!! Wonderful!!
P.S. Had fun in NY, and yes I went to the Ink Pad--they changed location--we just happened to be walking by the new store. I spent way too much money there..but wanted more :) This store is overwhelming.

Kelly said...

These are great!

~*~Patty S said...

GORGEOUS pages...the green feather collage is exquisite!
you and Marie get along so very well Ms M!

Love the Keep Calm and .... just used a version of it in a Queen Bee creation to be revealed later on :)

oxo

Anonymous said...

omg -- eye candy, all of it! Your Marie pages are just gorgeous. What a treasure you've got there. Glad you had a wonderful time!

Lindart said...

Your book is looking fantastic! It will be a real treasure when it's done! I remember getting all involved in Lady Di's wedding, so long ago but feels like yesterday! Hard to believe the 2 little Princes are all growed up!

Dianne said...

amazingly beautiful pages! the Marie book will be gorgeous...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How wonderful that you have been working on these amazing pages. I bet you and Larcy had fun shopping along with Kate and William, too. I hope your leftover pork was enjoyable, too. You make me feel like such a schlep. You are doing it all, and I'm sitting in bed watching the world go by. Hope you are having a great weekend.