Thursday, March 10, 2011

Graduation Day - The Last Radiation Blast


You joined us on our journey,

You laughed, cried, and prayed with us,

The last day finally came today - one day late - but it came. On the 18th radiation treatment who should we meet in the hall headed down to rads, but Dr. Diaz, our breast surgeon, too cute, don't you think? Harley's in love.

Down the hall we stroll taking in the sights and sounds, remembering and honoring each of the 18 days,


Checking in and waiting,

The frickin machine - Holy Cow Harley - looks like Star Trek to me OR is it "HAL" oh my,


Harley, "Oh No - take me away it is trying to suck me up..... I'm just a liddle guy."


The view

Almost time for the last blast


The Beam? Oh no

Graduation Day

Diploma

By the grace of God - we are here today and feeling healthy and vibrant - by the grace of God. Thank you my very dearest dearest friends, we will get back to normal soon. THINK PINK!


And to end our graduation day - we had a one hour workout with James and Mary - will hit the bed early. Hugs!!!

13 comments:

Lovey said...

Oh Marlynn! Happy Graduation Day! Thinking Pink and thinking...thank God that you did so beautifully well! Blessings upon you as we continue to love on you...even from afar! So glad this day has come and soon will be a memory of what was and prayerfully will stay there in the what was state forever! Love to you and Harley!

Korie B. said...

Woo hoo! Love you, my friend.

Korie B. said...

Woo hoo! Love you, my friend.

Anonymous said...

You are my new hero.

Jan

Janet Ghio said...

YIPPEE!

Julie Prichard said...

Happy happy graduation!!!

Diane said...

So happy for you--a real reason to celebrate!! (so what are you waiting for?--go party :)
P.S. I'm planning on going to the Ink Pad when I'm in New York--loved that place!

Terri said...

Happy graduation day! You are looking good girl! Harley seems to have come through o.k. as well. I am thankful that it is done and it has done it's job well!
Wishing you a fabulous weekend!
Hugs,
Terri

~*~Patty S said...

Oh how wonderful Marlynn
SO SO happy for you
there really are no words to express it all
continued bright blessings to you!
oxo

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You passed it with flying colors! You know... your hair is the perfect color for dying pink... AND you, of all people, could carry it off!

(((hugs))) from your BFF

Jann said...

I just love your spirit! Congratulations on your special graduation! I admire you so much . . . hugs and prayers, Jann

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I may be late, but I am thrilled about your graduation. I am thinking pink, even though I can't believe the size of that machine. Not only did you make it, you made it in true Marlynn style. Way to go, my dear friend.

Four Seasons in a Life said...

Dear Marlynn,

Congratulations on being a survivor and having endured the radiation treatments and coming from it all with a bright, big smile that gives hope to others facing a similar situation.

I am sorry I have not been here before and shared your journey, supporting you as uncertainties filled your days.

Being a cancer survivor myself, I know that you are very well aware how it changes ones perspective on life and that you will embrace and live life with open arms.

Warmest regards,
Egmont