Sunday, May 10, 2009

Paperwhimsy Quote in the Honeysuckle


Just got the May 3rd Whimsy Quote Challenge completed. This time little Hilda (these are all poems by Hilda Conkling) was about a butterfly in the wind:


"All of a sudden
Blown to my hand
Wings of dewy color,
Silvery flaky dust among my finger
I wondered where he had come from?
I asked him where he was going?"

I really love the next line and wanted to incorporate it some way in my image page but did not:

"Butterfly words are faint
But I heard his answer...
I never know!
I never know!
I am a wanderer in the wind"

This challenge was a little different from the past ones. We could select our own color combination BUT we had to incorporate tissue paper texture on the background. Had to use a butterfly, silver, word or phrase from poem, and one other PaperWhimsy image.


The tissue paper was fun to work with. . . I usually love a messy playtime. I had gel all over the place including the poster board, my clothes, and my fingers! I used pink tissue paper and then spritzed several colors of my Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. It is so lovely and sparkly..... This is the first time I have really used tissue paper like this and I did use it on both pages. You know, I figured once I got that messy I might as well do both pages. My motto - don't waste the mess!

I had the image in mind I wanted to use. After cutting her out I cut up a Prima Floral embellishment (I have to admit when we finish this little book mine is gonna be bulky!) to add to her skirt. A little petal as her head gear.


The "silver" was giving me some problems until I realized I could cuff the hand given to us in the collage sheet.I cut some silver leaves and sewed them onto the hand. All in all, I am pleased with this work.


I left the poem page basically alone this time instead of decorating it. I thought it was beautiful enough without any assistance! For some reason, I could not get a really clear photo and decided not to use it here. I will retake and load on the PaperWhimsy site.... I need to run and get some chores done and then...... I have to get projects ready to take with me for a three day weekend crop in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. I am looking so forward to it!

4 comments:

Terri said...

Marlynn, this is so very creative and so beautiful! I love all the special additions you made, especially the skirt! You are really talented!
Terri

Debby said...

Love your gorgeous quote piece. I think we are going to have such beautiful books when this project is complete.
Debby

forcryeye said...

M...this is magical! I have been dreaming about using tissue paper recently. Have you ever wrinkled it up, and then ironed it on freezer paper? It is like a faux leather. I love the hand, and the cuff is wicked cool! you are really on a roll! xoxo

Boutade said...

Absolutely beautiful, stunning work. I love seeing what you come up with! Awesome awesome awesome.