Monday, August 23, 2010

Got Leggs?

Yes, this was the "grocery box" notebook I worked on last week as a birthday gift to Larcy. I really enjoyed this and had a lot of fun.


Strewn among all the blank pages are clip art .... since Larcy is into all things "Paris" I added a little bit of that to the pages. All of the items I had and didn't have to go out on a shopping trip which means I am using my "stash" - YEA....



The Louvre was stamped onto acetate and then run through Zyron machine and glued to the page. Found a little Marie sitting on the desk and slapped her on....





On Saturday, I took her gift over to her and then took Oliver and her out for dinner. We loved the ribbon I used on her bag and decided to decorate Oliver. Hmmmm, not sure if he was being patient with us or just tolerating it since he knew he could eat outside at the cafe we were going to. He is a smart little cookie.

Ribbon:



Oliver:


I am busily working on getting ready to go to a workshop this weekend call "Summer in Paris" and is a wonderful getaway! I will be taking two workshops:

1) Everyday Photography on Saturday; and

2) Caught in Canvas Journal on Sunday morning

Also have to play team tennis tonight - we were rained out last Wednesday and have to replay tonight and hopefully the called for scattered showers will stay away. Before we go, check out sign at our Reston Town Center......

Just remember my little peeps ...... NO MOKING within in 0 Feet!

9 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Your book is great and Oliver looks adorable!!

Unknown said...

Another lovely journal! And Oliver looks fab in big blue polka dots!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Larcy is one luck gal. She has legs, pages of Paris, a dog with a polka dot ribbon, and an aunt who loves her. What more could she want?

And aren't you the lucky camper. TWO workshops. How FUN.

~*~Patty S said...

LOVE the book you made for Larcy, I was hearing ZZ Top (she's got legs) singing the whole time ... thanks for the ear worm heehee!
Oliver is a very good sport, he knows how fab he looks too ;)
Enjoy Enjoy your upcoming workshops ... know you'll have a blast!
oxo

Terri said...

I have been so busy and missed seeing your posts!
Your book is fab, as ususal. Oliver is totally adorable. (My Emma and Betsy turned 4 this past week).
Your weekend workshop sounds wonderful! Where do you find out about these???
I know you are going to have a great creative time.
I hope you are well.
Hugs,
Terri

Cindy L said...

Ah, what a lift to see your gorgeous artwork after a long time away ... you always cheer me up! Can't wait to get back to my own artwork this fall, and to keep up with your inspirations here. Hope you've had a wonderful summer -- I've missed you and my bloggy friends!

Debby said...

The journal is looking fab and Oliver is just the best, love that boy. Happy Weekend.
Debby

Terri said...

Yoohoooooo!
What are you up to, dear girl?
I haven't seen you around for a week or so.
I hope you are well and enjoying life.
Hugs to you,
Terri

Lovey said...

Busy woman!!! Great journal! Hugs 2 u...counting down the weeks...