Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Yes, Aunt Mary, I'm still Kicking

You know you are in trouble when you get an email like this from your beloved Aunt Mary:



Hi Marlynn,
No blog since April 7.  Everything OK?
Love you,
Aunt Mary

Yup, big trouble, and if my Mama was still alive I would hear her words, "how could you?"  She use to chastise me when, at an early age, I would not send thank-you notes for gifts received.  Now, I know she would chime in, when I had not blogged in like "forever."  Nope, I did not realize it had been April 7.  Nope, I didn't have a clue my lovely Aunt Mary read the blog - OK her photo along with my mother is on the featured blog banner.  They were such a sweet looking duo weren't they?

Last February when I went to Art & Soul, Lesley Riley was not able to teach a class I had signed up for and she offered us a 30 minute call with her.  Oh WOW!  So I took her up on her offer and had a call with her just before our (work) conference when I felt snowed under and not able to get much done except work. All energies and focus was on that project.  If you are following me on Facebook, you know my mantra at  was - get me to July 1 and all will be well!  Get me to July 1!  Well, in talking with Lesley I realized there are a few things I do want to focus on in my personal life:  

(1) art journaling, 


(2) organization of art room, and 

(3) back-to-blogging.  

On the matter of # 3, I needed someone to jump start me back to the blog 



- NOOOoooo, it wasn't Oliver who has been over to visit on numerous occasions.  Nope, I guess I got a good kick-in-the-butt (I know Aunt Mary would not see it that way) just-do-it.  And here I am. I have been thinking about blogging all last week but just couldn't grab the laptop.  So here I am on a very early morning reacting to Aunt Mary's note on AOL that was the first thing I saw on my iPhone.  The universe moves in ways we don't comprehend.  And with that, I really need to get ready for work!

Better go and wake up the office.  And yes, I have been creating like crazy in my art journal.  I have enough art work to show you now!  (OK, a dirty little secret - I haven't been creating the first part of the year and really felt like I had nothing to show you..... that's just between you and me!)  More later.






14 comments:

Dianne said...

Glad you got through the conference intact and sane! here's to many more posts with journaling & photos!

Janet Ghio said...

I'm glad you are back blogging--I read your facebook entries, but your blog is so much better!!

Terri said...

Well Hello Marlynn! I was so surprised to see you had posted! Surprised and delighted : )
I do get to see you on FB regularly, but there is some thing more personal about a blog. I appreciate your post today about not feeling in the mood to create earlier in the year. I had a lull too. But I am back in the saddle again and having fun.
I am glad to hear July 1st has passed and you are feeling less pressured at work. That is a good thing!
Hugs dear girl,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Hehe good for Aunt Mary. (And the pic is cute ) I love your work and it should be shown off here on your lovely blog sooooooo ...... Looking forward to seeing it soon.
Now I am off to do a little art journalling too
hugs June x

Dorthe said...

Missed you here also dear Marlynn , and I also think blogging is better than FaceBook- so much more to see and share here-so thanks and hope you will not stay away for months again :-)
Hugs,Dorthe

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've missed you!! Since I don't DO Facebook, I am always left in the dark when you don't blog. Now I hope this is not just one of those interim posts that are expected to tie us over for another three of four months. Come out and PLAY, please. We miss you.

Anonymous said...

Lucky for me, I got to SEE you at Art & Soul, so tell your Aunt you look FAB and are just as wonderful as she remembered!!!

Good to see you on your blog, but I fully understand that life gets in the way sometimes and blogging may take a back seat. I sat out for a month (back at it now) and it was good for me. I feel more refreshed and eager to share my little world with friends.

Are you at all thinking of A&S again? I was thinking Portland one year? We'll see.

Now, go and make some more of those luscious journal pages you have been creating.

Hugs
Jan

~*~Patty S said...

Lesley is amazing, I have another friend who greatly benefited from talking with her as well!

Yeah you!

Blogging does take a lot of time and visiting people takes even longer...I am still hooked

hope you get back in the swing of things because you are missed!
oxo

Lovey said...

Hi My M!! Awesomeness to see you back here!! Hugs big!

Annette said...

So, blame me for her question. She asked me if you were still alive because she hadn't seen your blog for a long time. I told her you were alive and she should ask you what was going on. Annette

Anonymous said...

Great post! Yeah...I seem to be staying away from reading my blog list as of late...and every time I come back to it...I regret not do so sooner!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back.

Carmen said...

Glad you are back!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Sometimes we need that kick to get is in gear again. Glad to hear you have been art journaling ... something I would like to do at some point. I have my crochet and cross-stitch to keep me busy, too. Hope you have a great weekend. Tammy