Friday, December 30, 2011

And next up is......


wishing all of you honeysuckle peeps a happy upcoming new year. I am getting ready to go upstairs and slap some gesso on this naked book. Not sure what is developing but we will soon find out.


I am still reading slowly Miss Peregrine's home for Peculiar Children and some of the PaperWhimsy gals are doing an exchange on the peculiar children and the results that I have seen are spectacular! They are such a talented bunch of artists. Anyway, I thinking of something like the Peregrine Children. I read up on the Peregrine Hawk and it is an amazing bird.


So we will see. I have this paper from a pullout section in Somerset Studio and I would really like to create this paper onto the cover using paint and the silhouette of the young girl. Stay tuned for updates.


Also this year I have "signed" up for an ATC exchange - one a month. For January the word is "Hope" - so I will also be thinking about where I want to go with that. "Your ATC should reflect what hope means to you or what visual the word gives you."  Hmmmmm... Nope, Harley won't cut it for the "H" - back to the drawing table. Be safe over the next few days if I don't get back before New Year's Day. Don't drink and drive. Find a designated driver or take cab companies up on free rides. Whoop Whoop!


11 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Oh you mentioned that book before--I've got to see if our library has it--the title is so intriguing!! Happy New Year!!

Lovey said...

Hey beautiful! Happy, Happy New Year to you and Harley!! Can't wait to see what the book becomes! Love to you! Lovey

Diane said...

I KNOW that this will be good. See you in the New Year!

Lindart said...

Happy New Year Marlynn! I will keep a lookout for that book, I got some book gift cards for Christmas! Hope your new year is full of adventure, happiness and creativity!

Anonymous said...

Most of us at PW who signed up for the exchange have finished their little pieces of art. THAT was fun...and a challenge to use a 4x4 area to cram in all the ideas about the Peregrine book. But mine are in the mail to the other girls and hopefully all will be gathered together by the end of January so we can put them into a book form. I can bring mine to VA if you'd like to see it!
Happy New Year to you, Marlynn. May be all be healthy and creative in 2012.
Warm hugs
Jan

Julie Prichard said...

Happy New Year my friend!!! xoxo

Terri said...

Happy New Year Marlynn!
I think your new cover is going to be fabulous! I love your idea.
Lucky you to be in an ATC swap with the word "HOPE"! I wish I was in your swap group!
Have a wonderful first day of 2012!
Hugs of LOVE,
Terri

~*~Patty S said...

seeing the YouTube video that goes with that book really makes me WANT a movie of it all...
Happiest of New Year's to ya sweetie!
oxo

Dianne said...

that book sounds interesting, and I know you will make fantastic art from its inspiration...a Happy 2012 to you!

Anonymous said...

Like I said, a hundred times before, you really do inspire me. I've been intrigued by this book title for a while, and wondered if it's good ... did you enjoy it? Let me know. In any event, what a terrific prompt/launch for an art project.

I just got a piece accepted in a statewide competition, which cheered me considerably ... but I need to move on to the next project, and YOU got me inspired! Thanks, and happy new year, friend!

carole brungar said...

I read the book in 2 days, I couldn't put it down :) It could be a great idea for a swap.... love the girl on the cover!

Did you get it finished?