Saturday, October 8, 2011

Think Pink - October Is .....


"The simple act of telling
someone that you care, 
why you care, 
why they too might care,

can cause mountains to
move

We should never be
afraid to simply speak of
what we love, 
from the place in us
which has loved.

It can make a difference."
Renee Askins
(Wylde Women's Wisdom)


October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and, as many of you know I am compelled to ask everyone to honor this month and remember the importance of early detection. As you know, one year ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer, stage one, and went through 18 rounds of radiation. By the Grace of God and you, my friends, and my loving family, I came through this journey a stronger person.


Two weeks ago I had my first mammogram after the surgeries and radiation, and I am pleased to say, Me and the Girls passed with flying colors. Now I have to admit this..... OK, it is just my odd attitude about some stuff.  My thoughts when walking into the Fairfax Radiology Clinic was, will my left boobie be so sensitive I am like gonna just grit my teeth and try to bear the "pain" - dramatic - you betcha, but that's me. Was I even thinking the test might come back with problems. Nope, just thinking about my crunched boobie and me..... I told someone that and they said, You gotta be kidding, that was all you were thinking about and not stressing about the outcome.  NOPE. I think this is a lesson in life. . .


I owe all of you a lot and I hope I can repay you and the Universe. One way, is to help others who are beginning this journey. Which is what exactly a specific number of you did with me. And I have been able to do that. But I want to urge you to beware that this cancer now is very treatable and curable and is not a death sentence. You can dance your way through it with a song in your heart and early detection.


Is this Pollyanna - oh why the hell not? It beats the other side of the coin. Was I always my own Pollyanna - hell no. I had the dark thoughts, the dark days, and the "I just wanna kick something."  That was normal. But with my trusty Harley who went to all 18 radiology sessions with me and is now a little worn with love, we got through this phase of our life-journey.


And in closing this blog post, I wish that all of you, hang in there. Trust your God and your Angels (I also add my Jesus to these other two) and your life-walk will be easier no matter what that journey will entail. Oh, shucks, just dance with style!


9 comments:

Terri said...

Hello Dear Marlynn! I give thanks for your amazing recovery! I am thankful that you came through so very well. I am thankful that you are in good spirits. I am thankful that we are friends.

YOU are a true treasure on this Earth.

Hugs of Love,
Terri
p.s. I see my little Pollyanna there! I looked up from my computer and there she is dancing on my shelf! Thank you!

Terri Gordon said...

Hi Marlynn, What a beautiful post and I am so happy about your recovery. It is so wonderful. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway. Good Luck and have a wonderful Sunday. Hugs, Terri

Anonymous said...

You.....are one hell of a woman. I remember your chemo blogs and how upbeat you were. Still playing tennis and being your sweet smiling self. Your attitude was and IS a ray of sunshine.

You'll be happy to know that I have a mammogram scheduled this month (every year) and me and 'the girls' will be thinking of you and smiling.

Like Terri, I am thankful we are friends and look forward to meeting you in March. Get ready for lots of squeezes!

Dorthe said...

Dear Marlynn,
you are a strong woman with a wonderful good spirit, I`m so happy for you, you came throug that year, now recowered, and well.
Thankyou for a lovely post.
Hugs,Dorthe

Sherry said...

It is a HUGE life lesson indeed Marlynn and we are never the same. My heart is so happy for you that your one year mammogram came back clean ♥ We take it all one day, one minute at a time and are so grateful to have been given this gift. It is the support of others, our own spirits and our faith that carry us through the dark days and the days of light and without all of that? I don't even want to think where we'd be. ^5 to another year of livin'!!! xo

Julie Prichard said...

First mammogram for me this year....I'll never miss one. You're right! Hey- that's a great looking camera. Xoxo

Sugar Lump Studios said...

I am very grateful for your recovery Marlynn! You are an inspiration and hope for so many others.

Jann said...

You are an inspiration, Marlynn--blessings and love to you!

Annette said...

I love you Cousin!