Friday, September 26, 2008

Cleaning plates and clearing slates?

When I saw that message on Michelle's web site last weekend, I thought huh? I read it and then thought why not. As part of that crusade, I started this blog which I had been thinking about for the last three or four months. It was a big step since it also meant an obligation to it and to anyone reading it. I love reading a number of blogs and get bummed out when they are not updated for months on end - I worry about the blogger as part of my web family....and so these ramblings began.

With the creation of the blog I also had some other things to take care of around the nest here like a "sign" I had for two weeks and had not still hung. Do you wanna see my new sign I put in my kitchen? Sure you do. This is all thanks to Michelle Ward's Crusade # 23. Fall is a great time to change my attitude and get ready for colors and the holidays. I love the colors and I knew what I had to do.

TA DA: I began with finally putting up a sign that caught my eye on Claudine Hellmuth's web site. She had purchased it from Sundance for her new apartment in Washington, D.C. I originally thought about mounting it to the fridge - but that didn't seem to work - SO, I rearranged one wall and there it found it's spot. I just love it, I do.... I have no idea why that sign had such an appeal to me - maybe it is all the diners I have eaten in through out my life?

The next place I looked at in dismay was ALL the stuff on my dining room table. That was depressing. So I cleaned that up and started finding all the fall foliage (silk) I had stuck in different nooks and crannies and came up with this. Can't put those photos up tonight since they are in my camera and I am just too lazy to go downstairs and down load them. Maybe tomorrow. Like I said, I am frustrated with my blog at the moment and probably should not be writing at all... but I have to say that on Sunday morning when I wandered downstairs to make coffee - the dining room and kitchen made me feel happy just looking at it. The clean plate and slate was worth the effort.

Just one quick note about the new Survivor in Africa.... if you watched it you will get my drift. Dandy Randy looks like he should be running the Bates Motel- no kidding Sherlock! I am telling you when he had the white gauze around his head and then the red survivor bandanna over that - he looked down right scary! I certainly would not want to take a shower in his motel nor let him take photos of my wedding. Can you believe he is a wedding photographer. WOW. Thank you for stopping by listening to my rants tonight. Really - it is great in my honeysuckle breezin' world.... Please come back to visit.

2 comments:

michelle ward said...

Marlynn - bravo to you for coming over and joining the team with your new blog. AND for beginning to clean your plate. New season, new look, with a new sign and more. Keep at it :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on starting your blog! I always think of how good I am going to feel once I am finished with something...for example when you came downstairs the next morning...I love that!

About Survivor...I can't believe that guy! What a horrible match of person to job..can you imagine hating something you work around so much? That guy is a mess. I hope the cute guys stick around a while....

PS- don't feel like you have an obligation to blogging...I used to and it really got me down. You can blog when you want to and we all understand!